What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess this snake also

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date

Finch

Whats it to ya?
Ok my turn to ask a question about snakes. What snake is this?
San%20Francisco%20garter%20snake.jpg

Of course its a garter snake. But what species is it?

Hi, Finch!! The snake you have picturted comes from San Mateo County, California, and occupies an incredibly small niche in the San Francisco Bay Area. It is a San Francisco Garter Snake. Recently, while working on a rail transit job, a work truck ran over and killed one, and the State closed down the entire project as these snakes in particular are in real jeopardy. The fine was astronomical.

i am impressed. You are right. Spec also got it. Do you think it was too easy?

Well, for us in California, we know about this snake in particular. I have raised snakes longer than CP, but CP still get my main attention. I still keep 3 snakes, but need no more, Though I have been considering a "knob".

OK mr i-wish-i-had-smart-plants (inside joke), what is this one

img144.jpg

Well since nobody can stump the experts here I'm going to try.
I got this pic of the web. See if you can tell me what it is.

guess.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Mar. 21 2004,07:46)]OK mr i-wish-i-had-smart-plants (inside joke), what is this one

img144.jpg
now that one looks like it is slightly venomous. it could be a brown tree or green tree python, but im not really sure

no, not just slightly. Looks at the shape of the head. not a python

Reminds me of a boomslang.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Mar. 21 2004,13:21)]no, not just slightly. Looks at the shape of the head. not a python
hmm... it might be a green mamba!

yes it is

woohoo, i got it! but i just realised that a boomslang is the same thing as a mamba
wow.gif

it is?

well...

No Spec. The green mamba and the boomslang are two different snakes. The boomslang is rear fanged, and the mamba is just no fun at all. No sense of humor what so ever! And the fangs are in the front of the mouth. I am not real familiar with snakes from other countries, but they do look a lot alike. I don't know how to tell'em apart either. And Spec, do you need any more cheese? LOL!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Mar. 22 2004,20:32)]No Spec. The green mamba and the boomslang are two different snakes. The boomslang is rear fanged, and the mamba is just no fun at all. No sense of humor what so ever! And the fangs are in the front of the mouth. I am not real familiar with snakes from other countries, but they do look a lot alike. I don't know how to tell'em apart either. And Spec, do you need any more cheese? LOL!
yes! please, cut some cheese for me! lol
uhh i mean slice some cheese
laugh.gif

Whew!! Thanks for clarifying your thoughts. I was worried for a second!?!?!?!?!

Spec, I just clarified your thought!! LIKE IT?
rock.gif
???

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Mar. 21 2004,12:38)]Reminds me of a boomslang.
ahh...I was going to say the same thing...let me find one
WaterCobra1s.jpg

This will be extremely easy for those who know it's nature..it should be a dead give away

hmm... I have 5 snakes in mind that do that to imitate... but otherwise i'd say its a cobra
biggrin.gif

Back