What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any cool/cute reptiles that would do well in

• Thread starter Rygar
  • Start date
Well, topic kind of says it all.
biggrin.gif

For a small tank like a 5 gal, your best bet would be a single or pair of firebellied newts or toads. Reptiles tend to require more room, but if you are lucky, you may be able to locate a nice worm snake or ring necked snake.

Honestly, I would not go below a 10 unless there is areally good reason you need to use a 5.
The choices Ceph88 gave are all good ones. Another possible you may find in you local pet store is the oriental firebelly toad. They are not very big and are reasonably inexpensive.

Regards,

Joe

oh yea, nice thinking Spec, pacman frogs (aka Argentine horned frogs) are good for 5 gallon tank, as long as it is kept single.

go invert and get a tarantula!!! they are sooo easy to care for, u only have to feed em every week or 2. there are soo many different species that are relatively cheap and they are really rewarding pets IMO. i <3 my tarantulas!!

A chameleon or a house gecko or a small skink.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 02 2004,8:45)]A chameleon or a house gecko or a small skink.
a cham in a 5 gallon?
wow.gif
even a pygmy wouldn't do well in there
wink.gif
rock.gif
tounge.gif

You should see how many thrown into a 10 gallon tank when shipped to a wholesaler!

but thats just for temporary housing untill someone else buys them and puts them in a 30 gal

but thats just for temporary housing untill someone else buys them and puts them in a 30 gal

I'm going to just ignore the cham thing..knowing I might end up flaming, I have the perfect suggestion! Viper geckos! Awesome and really cute..they're a pakistan native and are terrestial.. a single adult will fit in a 5 gallon..assuming it's a 5.5 gallon...(Same as 10, but half it's height) Expensive geckos as far as cost $40, but easy to keep, only eat crickets..only need to be sprayed for water (almost like spraying a nepenthes, 'cept not as heavy) and really, really cool

He's probably talking of the American chameleon "anoles", and not about true chameleons from Africa.

Back