What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iguana question!

Would a standard Black Light work for supplying an Iguana with UV rays? i have a heat light for him already, and the tank sits under my floursecent lights for my VFTs, so lighting isnt a prob, im just not sure if he will get enough UVA or UVB, im not sure.
smile_m_32.gif
Im new at this whole game.
smile.gif

You need to get a light that is specifically for UVB. They usually come in flourescent tubes. I would go with the Zoo-Med or Haagan's line (I forgot the name).  Flourescent will work but it certainly isn't optimal. Daylight is also very good, be wary they get high off sunlight and will erratic and jumpy for a few hours after coming in if they are indoor pets.

Joe

BTW black light is virtually useless for any UV.

i have an iguana light 5.0 uvb for mine its a 4 foot long florescence bulb. if you have a big enough cage that is what you would need. a super uv coil lamp works for smaller cages. the reason i use the big one is my cage is 4 feet across 4w x 3h x 2deep

Back