What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bearded dragons

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    baby

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I bought three baby bearded dragons three weeks ago. These are my first BD's. I have read that they have no problem eating veggies, but all three of mine refuses to eat anything that's not moving. They love crickets and flies. I even bought them some BD treats but they won't eat them. I have tried all kinds of fruits and veggies but if it don't move they don't have any interest. I took some of the treats and put it on the end of a piece of thread. I made it jump like a cricket and they all rushed to it, and took a bite. When they got a taste of it they lost all their interest in it.
What am I doing wrong and what do I need to do to get them to eat fruit and veggies?

Ozzy, Let them have their preference, and from time to time, introduce the fruits and veggies. Also remember that they need the insects in their diet as well, so don't try to make them vegetarians as they are not strictly vegetarian by nature.

Could you post the pictures of the little delights?
smile.gif

Dino
cool.gif

I have kept Beardies For 7 or 8 years, Mine, as they got older seemed to go after veggies. I think the younger ones are more carnivorous.

I read that baibes need 70% insects and 30% veggies. Adults need 30% insects and 70% veggies. I'm not tring to make them to be vegitarians, I just want to make sure they stay healthy. I love to watch them hunt down a cricket or fly.
I bought them from a supplier that on his website says he has developed a food that elimanate crickets from their diet. So I think they never had live food before I bought them. The first time I fed them they chased the crickets but couldn't catch them. It was fun watching them learn to hunt.

I get some pics up soon.
Thanks for the help

If they don't eat their vegetables - then they get no dessert! Be firm about it. Just like the pudding and meat thing in Another Brick In The Wall.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Grim @ Aug. 07 2004,11:55)]I have kept Beardies For 7 or 8 years, Mine, as they got older seemed to go after veggies. I think the younger ones are more carnivorous.
Ditto, youngins eat a lot more Insects.. mmm.. protein

My Mistress loves Peaches and plums though
smile.gif
but then, she's an adult.. and a refined beardie if there ever was one

Back