What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess another snake

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
Or Eastern Plains Garter Snake

goodness i cant even gess if its a subspecies.

Mm perhaps i should ask you if you can identify the black hilll redbellied snake...

oops, or not

It's hard to know for sure without knowing where it was seen and what the underbelly looks like, but I'm going to go with Eastern Garter for the lower snake because the stripes are directly adgasent to the scoots which only shows up in Easter garters. Unless the picture is off and it has a dark row I can't see. However the upper pictures head is indicative of a butlers. Remember, because garters have such vast varieations and subspecies interbreed concluesively calling a snake by any varient really requires full inspection with scail counts and location data ;) Just this week in my vert class we got a couple of snakes that are dead knock offs of red sided garters, but red sided garters don't live here and what we really had was a pair of very oddly colored easterns ;)

its a thamnophus of some sort. where is your location??

Back