Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have two african clawed frogs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura: Then again, don't all plants oxygenate [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] ?

In fact, having too many plants can cause problems. As you probably know already, plants respire when in light conditions too low for photosynthesis. As a result, this can cause significant stress to fish in ponds or aquariums with little water turbulence yet lots of plants.

Dunno how big your tank is but if you want a species that stays small perhaps look into African dwarf frogs.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol... more affectionate than guineapigs? chubby (my guineapig) loves my mom and walks up to ther feet just to be rubbed and then when she comes in from work he squeals his little lungs out, when he gets "lost" in the house he also does that :P
    but of course... me being as evil as I am (LOL... i'm the only one who catches him to get him back on his cage... and I don't give him lettuse as much) he just ignores me most of the time [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif[/img]
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, some water plants are considerably better than others. Marginals, floating, shallow, and deep water plants don't oxygenate any where near as well as the submerged classes of water plants do.

Yes, too many plants can be a cause of concern too. The wrong types of plants can be an even greater cause for concern for many species of fish too.

Tee he, funny you should mention frogs... look back a page in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH my gosh, I missed your post AW.

I'll pit our Roxie the rat up against your guinea pig any day! Does your guinea pig give kisses and clean your ears for you? How about grooming your eyebrows? Huh, come on now fess up! My niece puts Roxie in a Barbie corvette. Can your guinea pig drive a nice pink remote controlled corvette? Thought not. I must admit when Jacob put her in the GI Joe tank that she didn't come out for a little bit. Rats rule guinea pigs drool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my gosh AW! I just followed your www and saw photos of your guinea pig. If that isn't the cutest little thing. What a little sweetie. I'll concede you win in the beauty department. Roxie is just a plain old hooded rat but she is a good natured loving and extremely tolerant little thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Jan. 29 2005,10:05)]Actually, some water plants are considerably better than others. Marginals, floating, shallow, and deep water plants don't oxygenate any where near as well as the submerged classes of water plants do.

Yes, too many plants can be a cause of concern too. The wrong types of plants can be an even greater cause for concern for many species of fish too.

Tee he, funny you should mention frogs... look back a page in this thread.
    The species you currently have looks to be Xenopus laevis-but that one grows quite large...to around 5-6 inches. Hyemnochirus stay small. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! did I mention his name is chubby?
    I'm gonna post some new pics... i haven't really updated my site in a while.
    just about the only thing i hate about chubby is his digestion. he eats a LOT, poops a LOT, and pees too.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great name but he didn't look chubby to me at all! Go ahead and update your site and let me know and I'll go take a peek. Really neat that you know how to update sits and all. I had to have my girlfriend's husband do a web page for me and now if something changes, I have to send him an e-mail to change it. I feel so bad doing that to him but I am so computer illiterate it isn't even funny.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast