What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scorpions

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]no sun spiders are quite active hunters, in the Middle east and africa they get big enough to kill small lizards. granted the ones up here are about 1.5 inches long MAX
dang I didn't know they had such a big range.
by the way... for those of you who don't know... "sun spiders" are NOT spiders.

Hi guys....would've replied to the scorpion thing sooner if i actually got on here regularly but i don't, so oh well. I have an aunt in oklahoma and when the family goes to visit for some big thing or whatever myself and some of the other teens go wandering around her property(huge!) and catch scorpions and tarantulas(sp?)...sometimes rattlers...just for kicks. i know its dangerous so don't try to lecture me but its great fun! last summer we cought 10 scorpions in her front yard(don't even try to ask me what kind...i'll find out next time i go down there). but one of them ate another one so we ended up with nine. they are small, kinda tan-ish, and faster than hell. of course we don't catch them with our hands, that would be beyond stupid. we only use a cup so it's still not that safe but it's fun and nobody has gotten hurt yet...notice i said yet.
~fyre

Back