What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turtle turtle turtle...

Here's some pics and a link to a mini-movie of my itty bitty red ear slider...movie isn't much, and it's tiny...just her looking at the cam:

turtle-face-1.jpg

turtle-face-2.jpg

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">
http://alteredspectrum.com/imgs/pets/Turtle Movie 1.mpg
[/QUOTE]

Ok, had to edit, copy and use that link...for some reason it wouldn't create a link of it.

I really should name her and stop just calling her turtle.  She's maybe an inch big and steadily growing...just can't dive still.

Name her Turt.

How about Gertrude McFuzz, from Yurtle the Turtle?
smile_m_32.gif

Cute turtle:) Those red eared sliders where all over in Altus, OK. Here in Shouthern Mo. We only get box turtles and sometimes snappers.:)

Nice turtle!How big of a tank do you need for one of those?

Jerry

Thanks guys. I was thinking of names for ages, but for some reason only came up with male turtle names.
smile_n_32.gif

Cool,

It's suggested 10 gallons per inch of turtle. That's tip to tail of the shell. So if this little girl gets to be full grown, she'll need a 120 gallon tank to herself or bigger. Life span is a huge chunk of time though. Takes I believe 4-7 years to get to be the requisite purchasing size of 4".

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ July 30 2005,3:27)]Cute turtle:) Those red eared sliders where all over in Altus, OK. Here in Shouthern Mo. We only get box turtles and sometimes snappers.:)
My parents used to live in Springfield, MO and I miss seeing all those three-toed box turtles running around..

smile_n_32.gif

Cheers,

Joe

PS if you are a fan of Japanese monster movies, how about "Gamera."

How about Myrtle?
smile.gif

Or Blush? (for the red "ears")

Cute lil' thing.
smile.gif

Back