What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who all is...........

keeping amphibians? breeding any? just curious

I have a pathetic few..two firebelly toads, one Cuban treefrog and a large leopard frog, that we actually BOUGHT at Petco(my daughter needed another frong for a school display).
I don't breed anything. I am supposed to get some clown tree frogs(I think) from a trade at some point.

Cheers,

Joe

Just right now I have 5 Fire-Bellied Toads.

But I have kept Green Tree Frogs, Whites Tree Frogs, Barking Tree Frogs, Bullfrogs, Green Frogs, Fire-Bellied Newts, and Rough-Skinned Newts.

Oh and I do have a Afircan Dwarf Frog.

No breeding.

ive got the 4 dart frogs(2 azureus and 2 tincs) im looking for some USA salamanders but what i want isnt native to here or commonly bred in captivity(newts and sallys really arent as popular here as in Europe for some reason). im also on the lookout for CB Tylolotriton species(crocodile newts) but not having much luck

Have you thoguth about ordering online?
I bet I could find some breeders.

Newts and Sals are not popular here what so ever also. And when they are sold, they are sold or told to use in fish tanks with fish. Tropical fish that is. :-/

lol im in northeast Montana, ordering online is about my only option

There's tons of sals and newts here in canada.~Niki~

Yes, salamanders are not that popular-I have always liked them too. It's easy to get tiger salalmanders at bait shops really cheap(like $1), but other large native US species are $10 and up(tigers cost @$20 online).

Cheers,

Joe

Keeping Chinese firebellies (Cynops orientalis) and raising some Southern crested newts(Triturus karelinii).

I'm expecting the first ones to produce eggs this fall as they did last year. I hear the second ones will produce like crazy but I have a while to wait for that.

ive chatted a bit with Michael, he says he will have some CB of one species in late fall or so more than likely.

Back