What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mudskippers and fiddler crabs..........need info

anyone keep these? the wife said no new critters for 6 months, she doesnt know me very well does she?
smile_n_32.gif
anyways looking for info on their care and personal experiences

I used to keep fiddlers, they were neat. They like brackish water, like the mudskippers, and sand or gravel for substrate. They will spend lots of their time on land, and dig in the sand and make burrows. Make sure that their water is VERY clean, otherwise they won't do well. They need somewhere to come out of the water, so you can just have a giant rock in the middle of your tank, if you want. (it'll make cleaning the tank MUCH easier, since sand is a pain.) Go here for more info: http://www.aqualandpetsplus.com/Bug,%20Fiddler%20Crabs.htm

-Ben

Just confirming what Ben said. We used to have them at the tropical fish wholesaler I worked for, years ago. We kept them in brackish water, that was only a couple inches deep, providing them with broken pieces of styrofoam in which to get out of the water.

Fiddler crabs make great Tarpon and Snook bait.

And way crunchy as finger food!!!!!!!

Back