What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spotted green puffer fish

I have two spotted green puffer fish. They are changing colors from green to orange. When they do this you cant see any black spots. They do this when they think you arent watching. When they notice you watching they change their color back to green and you can see there spots again. I was wondering if anyone knows why they do this and if this is normal for this type of fish?

Wow that sounds really neat! I used to have 2 of them and now only 1 and it never does that! I can't imagine what it could be. Maybe they're flirting with each other
smile_m_32.gif

I've never kept puffers, but from way back I remember someone of either RC or RAG saying it was normal and they can make a fluorescent spot on their heads when really happy. I don't think they meant literally fluorescent.

that's neat... today i was about to purchase some pufferfish, the store only had spotted green or somethig like that, and Figure 8.... the Figure 8's were more large ... but i didn't buy my tank yet and i am very new to this, but now know you have to cycle it for a long time... kind of all confusing, i wish there were resources all in one place..

Back