What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all reefers!!!!

I have a reef tank... Zoas are my absolute favorites!

I love Mandarins! Which clown - percula? Looks like you've got a lot of invertebrates to keep the water clean. How's the ammonia and Nitrite?

Ammonia and Nitrite are always 0. Nitrate is 5ppm or less. Phosphates are less than 0.05ppm. Calcium is 445-450ppm and dkH is at 8.5 right now.

I heard mandarins were crazy hard to keep due to their diet requirements....what are you feeding them? Good luck!

I have a refugium on my tank which helps provide more pods for him. He also takes frozen brine every once in a while when I feed it to my oscellaris clowns. He loves a mix called Cyclops, which I feed to my corals.

Mandarins also have hairballs!

I used to work for a tropical fish wholesaler and I had one section of the freshwater fish to take care. Additionally, my supervisor put me in charge of the salt sectiion, when I showed a lot of interest. We shipped fish to the retailers and when we shipped Mandarins we had to be extra careful with them. If they were jostled too much, they threw up, in the bag, and that was a setup for DOA.

If they were jostled too much, they threw up, in the bag, and that was a setup for DOA.

Seriously? Wow.
We had a mandarin for 2 whole years, nothing happened. Well, until it got sucked into the filter and got shredded :oops:

im a reefer 15 gal nano 30 pounds of live rock 15 gal display tank 15 gallon sump and frag tank with cheato some kenya trees and some zoas and of cource xenia all growing fine

*Calls the police on you reefers*

I'm a recovering saltwater-a-holic. My pride and joy was a 130 gallon reef tank loaded up with...I loved that tank...it was GORGEOUS!!!! Then I got married and went to Jamaica for a week for a honeymoon. When we came home we found the pet sitter had turned the a/c off in our central Texas home, summer time, and left us with 130 gallons of soup!! :censor: I just couldn't bring myself to rebuild it. My heart was too broken. Now our young rainbow boa has a tank that is the envy of all other pet snakes.
Jenn

Im a reefer.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Only a 14 gallon biocube, though.

my 29g reef tank

IMAG1822.jpg

I'm a reefer here, too. I do not currently have a tank since we've moved to Nashville last July. I miss ours terribly and hope to be back in the hobby soon.

My SPS reef before I took it down to do plants...

Another reef of mine before I took it down...

I kept one, but algae problems because of the shape caused me to convert it to a CP terrarium. I am still an active member on reef forums though.

I am still a CPer/reefer and am hoping to keep my tank as long as possible. Reefing is a very expensive hobby but is pretty much worth it.

A blurry movie of my 120g taken today
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yN0iR9hhLU4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back