What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all reefers!!!!

Nice tank. What lighting are you using?

ohhh, those reefers.

nevermind then ???:jester:

Nice tank. What lighting are you using?

Me? It's a DIY LED I did. 48 3w CREEs running at about 350mA. The whites and blue are controlled separately with an Apex and I have it so the blues turn on an hour before the whites and all ramp up over an hour. Makes for some cool glowage morning/night :-O

I just set up my 40 breeder and it is cycling great. I may regret saying this but I love the look of the T5s. I may move on to LEDS later but for now T5s create my favorite look. I do not like the deep blue look in many tanks with LEDS and prefer clear water with no color, just the livestock providing color.

I have a 14 gallon reef at the moment with a 5 gallon refugium. I just got my DIY LEDs set up the other week. The biocube's stock lights were getting old and crappy so I had to upgrade the lighting so I could keep some corals. I have a tomato clownfish, 4 BTAs, and a bunch of macroalgae and aiptasias at the moment. The aiptasias haven't been bothering anyone yet, and they came with the tank when I got it for free so I've left them alone for now.

Back