What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all reefers!!!!

likeAstone76

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians.......
How many reefers are on this forum?

Well, I guess I'm the only one. LOL>??? Too bad, I was gonna offer some great corals for shipping, or cp trade.

Hey there! I haven't visited this forum for a while. I have a 40-gal reef tank set up in my office. I only have soft corals, don't have the lighting for the hard ones. Some of the softs are from Viktoria here but she no longer has her reef tanks. A clownfish and a couple chromis are in there, but mostly I like the corals and inverts. Live and "GARF" rock. The tank has only been up and running for about 1 and 1/2 years so it is just now really coming into full swing.

cool beans. there doesn't seem to be many reefers on this site, but it is to be expected. oddly enough, I bought victoria's tank and alot of her and her husbands corals from them a few months ago. do you have pictures of your tank?

on the thread beyond the sea is pictures of my tank. I need to update them, things have changed in it, and it looks alot better now.

Clown fish are one of my favorites. I had a male and female percula, but forgot to but my screen back on one of my power heads on night, and they got suck up inside and died. just like finding nemo.

Ouch. Sorry about that. I was always partial to maroons. Those black perculas are gorgeous, though!

The best part of reef keeping is all of the critters in your tank you don't even see most of the time. All of the bristle worms and copepods/amphipods, The little miniature tube worms that pop up and the other hitch hikers. Fun! I'm still partial to LPS over SPS. SPS are just... too small I guess. Not as "flamboyant."

Yep! there is always something new to see in the reef tank. I have mostly LPS also. I tried a monti cap once and it bleached out on me. Maybe I'll try again soon since I have a bigger tank and more light now.
My fiance likes to watch the tank, she says it relaxes her, which is a good thing. She even helps me pick out corals to put in there. She can ID most things in there now too :D

I have a maroon clown too. In a way, it was good for my perculas to bite the big one, because the maroon kept beating them up, and kept them confined to a small corner in the tank. I tried to re- located them, but they kept going back for more punishment. Banana heads.

I mostly have softies and SPS. I have lost a few sps, but loss is just a part of the hobby. I'd tell you what kind of corals I have, but I don't have a clue what 3\4ths of the names are! Just like my cp's. Well, I guess I know the names of my judy finn, and scarlet bell, but that's it. The rest of my neps, and pings, I really don't have a clue. Victoria has told me about 50 times, but I cant remember what I had for breakfast, let alone some fancy shmancy name for a plant or coral.

If anyone would like to trade corals, cp's for corals, JLMK and I'll get a list of corals made up that I have. I have some sps cuttings made allready, and I can propagate softies easy enough. Heck, every time I get into my tank I make a cutting from bumping into a sps and knocking a piece off. I'm like a bull in a china closet.

Last edited:
Wow! Hey, I will get some pictures posted of my tank. It may not be for a week or so. Later this winter I would be interested in a trade. I keep mostly Sarracenia. Both are fun hobbies!!

Looks good! you can never go wrong with clown fish and zenia!

Hey now theres a few of us out there
I have a 20 gal and a 3 gal pico

I have a couple reef tanks.

A 55g FOWLR, a 29g reef, a 75g reef for my lionfish a 90g reef, a 125g reef, and a 10g nano for my desk and nighttable ;)

a 75g reef for my lionfish a 90g reef

lionfish...................drooooooooooooool.........................

Pretty ,huge bioload and almsot deadly Hmmm ...
I noticed they are small like very small then get massive.

I know this thread is pretty old, but I have a 28 gallon Nano Cube reef.

I know this thread is pretty old, but I have a 28 gallon Nano Cube reef.

And what do you have growing in there?

And what do you have growing in there?

It's only a month old, so I don't have very much, but here's what I've got:
Inhabitants:
2 CLownfish, 1 Mandarin Dragonet, 2 Peppermint Shrimp, 1 Emerald Crab, 15 Cerith Snails, 10 Hermit Crabs, 8 Nerite Snails, and 10 Nassarius Snails.

Corals:
2 Zoanthid Frags, 1 Ricordea, 1 Frogspawn Frag, 2 Mushrooms, 1 Green Star Polyp Frag, and 1 Polyp Rock.

Everything in my tank is very happy and healthy. I hope to be getting some torch coral soon, and maybe another fish, but I haven't decided what fish.

I love Mandarins! Which clown - percula? Looks like you've got a lot of invertebrates to keep the water clean. How's the ammonia and Nitrite?

I heard mandarins were crazy hard to keep due to their diet requirements....what are you feeding them? Good luck!

Back