What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shrimp on the Barbie

likeAstone76

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians.......
Well, seems as if the best section on the forum :) needs a little dusting off. So for your viewing pleasure. Boring pictures of me feeding my fish.
On the menu tonight, brine shrimp. A local favortie. My nepenthes love it to.

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

Is that really brine shrimp? Is it just a big clump of them stuck together or what? From what I remember, Anostraca are generally very small. I think the biggest is 0.5" or 0.75". Or maybe this is just another evidence to the uselessness of common names. When I hear brine shrimp I think Artemia ("sea monkeys").

Yep...those are more or less sea monkeys lol. For some reason I just thought the chunk you put in the tank was one whole one, in which case it'd be too big for brine shrimp. You should just grow some of your own lol. I had some when I was a kid. VERY disappointing.

I had some when I was a kid. VERY disappointing.

ROFL!!! Ya, the picture of the advertisement I got out of my Spiderman comic had the seamonkeys with suitcases, furniture, and a little seamonkey castle. You could tell the difference between the dad, mom, and kid seamonkeys in the picture. The actual product did even come close! lol

:-))

I like your Yellow Tang! :)

Yellow tangs are great, but my favorite are Blue hippo tangs. The pictures are of poor quality, but I hope to get some better ones posted later.

I really like your pics you got some cool fish.

-Flash

Saltwater(drools) I just don't have the knowledge yet maybe a year of keeping freshwater then I may do a setup :)

There's not that much more to learn compared to freshwater. The only major difference is the expense. The expense is worth it, I think.

IME, keeping coral is infinitely easier than keeping freshwater plants.

keeping coral is infinitely easier than keeping freshwater plants

Sometimes.... Most softies are easy enough to keep, but the sps corals are VERY picky.

Saltwater tanks are like any other hobby, you get back what you put into them. :D

Back