What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aquapods vs. Nano cubes

• Thread starter ktulu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    hood
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of getting a small saltwater tank (12gal) for a few fish and have seen that Aquapod and Nanocubes both have one of that size. They look nice because they have everything contained in the hood making it less work in theory. I am wondering if anyone has experience with these aquariums and if one brand is better than the other.

Thanks
Ktulu

Hi ktulu.

Funny you ask this now, because I just recieved my 24 gallon jbj nano cube a few days ago and am in the process of setting it up. I am very pleased with it thus far.
Both of the tanks are pretty much the same. Just a few minor aesthetic and filter setup differances.

IMO, you should shoot for the nano cube... just for the free stand if you order on Drs Foster and Smith and (I think) Marine Depot. (The stand, btw, is pretty nice quality, not el cheapo like you would expect from something free.)
Make note that if you do end up purchasing one, an additional powerhead will be neccesary as the stock one will not create enough flow.

Good luck and keep researching!
Please ask if you have any more questions.

I had an Aquapod the quality is very nice .
My fan went out,and current got me a replacement no question asked.
They are both great.
I'd join Nano-reef.com for
your nano based questions.
They will get you started on information regarding anything nano sized.
And as yellowdart said ask question.
He knows more than me but I can still answer many questions,
since I do reefing

Back