What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serpent Starfish

• Thread starter Colieo
  • Start date

Colieo

Staff member
Hey guys,

I have a very personable serpent star that is looking for a new home. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Thanks!
Cole

Well it's hard to tell cause it spends most of its time under the rocks, but I'd say maybe 4-5 inches in diameter. That's an approximation, however.

I'm really tempted, but I've heard they get over a foot in diameter (a little too big for a 20 gallon).

I'll have to do some thinking. Are you in any rush to get it out?

I'm not sure how big this one is supposed to get... it is a "nano serpent star", as listed on the Sea Life website where I purchased it from. I've had it in my 12gal, so it isn't too big for your set up at this point. No rush, I'll just need to get it off before I leave for Spain ;-) Feel free to look into it and see what kind of size issues we'll be dealing with.

I may also have a colony of emerald zoas if interested...

Thanks a lot for understanding. I appreciate the offers. :)

I just purchased a serpent starfish about 2-3 days ago, and acclimated it fairly well for about 1 hour and 45 minutes to two hours It seems OK now, adn I know that its eating because it ate one of my dead/dying green chromises.

But Im not sure whats wrong with it, or if this is normal behavior, but it keeps staying in a small cave, with only its arms sort-of out. It doesnt even come out at night.

Is this normal behavior of serpent starfish, I heard that after they are acclimated, they may look dead for 2-3 days, is this true?

It's fine.
I rarely see them out in the open in other people's tanks. Hiding in rocks seems to be their nature.

Back