What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some pic of my old Reef

• Thread starter edsimmons
  • Start date
I joined for the CP's but then saw this section. This is my old tank it's long gone but here are some old pics.

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_0644a.jpg

th_Scoly.jpg

100_0556.jpg

180 Gallon mixed reef.

Thanks
Ed

WOW....very nice!...What ever happened to it?

Makes me miss my saltwater tanks...

Nice tank! I know nothing about reef tanks, but it looks pleasant. So maybe you can tell us which one is more difficult: keeping a reef tank, or cultivating carnivorous plants?

Very nice, thanks for taking the time to share! I have a 110gal I've been thinking about switching over... for years... lol Maybe one day I'll finally do it.
Andrew

WOW....very nice!...What ever happened to it?

I sold it about a year ago. I son was about 6mo and required a lot of time (This was a good thing) work was crazy (70 hr. weeks) and we where buying a house! So I was out of spare time.

Makes me miss my saltwater tanks...

I'm starting to miss it too.

Nice tank! I know nothing about reef tanks, but it looks pleasant. So maybe you can tell us which one is more difficult: keeping a reef tank, or cultivating carnivorous plants?

Reef is 10x more time consuming and 100x more expensive. And I think both are equally rewarding, so for now I'm gonna stick with CP's!

Very nice, thanks for taking the time to share! I have a 110gal I've been thinking about switching over... for years... lol Maybe one day I'll finally do it.
Andrew

You should!

Thanks
Ed

Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely not up for the labor of salt water .... :0o:

I have a 110gal I've been thinking about switching over... for years...
What's in it now? Pics .... ?:-O

Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely not up for the labor of salt water

It's a ton of work. For my 180 I spent a min of 30-45 a day during the week and 1-2 Hr on the weekend, and that's the minim that doesn't include tinkering time!

Thanks
Ed

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Some more.

Tank2.jpg

Tank3.jpg

100_0555.jpg

NewPictures022.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

NewPictures016.jpg

NewPictures008.jpg

NewPictures025.jpg

NewPictures042.jpg

NewPictures036.jpg

:0o: oooh pretty :love:

oooooo.....so THAT'S how the darkside looks like! ;)

Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely not up for the labor of salt water .... :0o:

What's in it now? Pics .... ?:-O

My tank is ugly... just some rock and like 5 random fish. This is Oct. when I switched the rock from colored rock (from when I first built the tank back in 1995) to natural rock.. http://cpforums.org/gallery/d/35722-2/IMG_20101002_201254.jpg My planted tank http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124602&page=2 and killies are where my tank time is now.

Andrew

Last edited:
Beautiful!

Back