What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Close-up photo of an image of the tube feet of a sunflower starfish

The photo below is a close-up look at the tube feet of a sunflower starfish (Pycnopodia helianthoides) as it crawled on the inside of a glass aquarium. I took the picture over 20 years ago and recently had the original Fujichrome 50 slide scanned and digitized. As always, the scanned image needed some work (you can see the unedited version on my blog). This is the final result after editing with Photoshop and Noiseware.

Happy Halloween!

EC
www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

tube feet edited test_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

beautiful stuff! You should have a section on your blog for sales.

That is SOOO CREEPY, and SOOO AWESOME!

i see something likethat all the time whenever the sea urchins i my brothers tank decide to scale the glass wall. i like to watch them, they are retty fascinating with those tube feet thingies! (and 'cause these are sea urchins, they also have that wierd "aristotles lantern" mouth thing!) mabey i should try to get a pic like that!

im a sucker for macros of marine inverts. thanks for sharing!

Thank you very much everyone! I admit, I am starting to think of some ways to make a little cash to offset the costs of my blog and photography. I was actually thinking of maybe a T-shirt. You really think people would want to purchase prints of my photography?

Cheers,
EC
www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

Back