What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

portrait of a lionfish (pic)

This portrait of a lionfish (Pterois volitans) is—somewhat surprisingly—the first photo of a fish that I have posted on my blog. This is another picture that I took over 20 years ago and had scanned and digitized (from a Fujichrome 50 slide). I chose to scan this slide both because of what was good about it, and what was bad. The composition is nice, and the contrast between the fish with its bold stripes and the black background is quite striking. However, the colour of the fish was overly muted and the resolution was not optimal as a result of shooting the animal through very thick glass in a public aquarium. The glass also wasn’t clean. I was curious to see what I could do to improve the picture digitally and in so doing, practice my Photoshop technique.

The unedited scanned version of the picture and a step-by-step summary of what I did is on my blog.

Cheers,
EC
www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

lionfish copyright Ernie Cooper 2012 hard pass sm for post by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

Beautiful and hideous at the same time!

Incredible clarity! looks like you were very successful in renewing the colours.

Great picture as always! It's amazing what you have been doing with the scanned slides.

I know im late but WOW !

Thanks for sharing this.

Back