What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rockscaping 125 tank... I SUCK! Help please you guys with "The Eye"

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date
Looking good! I suppose the more numerous open spaces will help avoid "dead spots" in the water flow. Are you gonna get one of those random wave makers? I love gadgets and those seem so cool (though way outta my price range)!

Not in the plans... But just a few current makers in there seem to interact in such a way that creates random currents, I'm sure I'll have a couple of those as corals need/want high flow like that.

Tip: Your structure should be 100% free standing. Don't stack it against the back wall of the tank if you can avoid it. It's better for flow and managing aggression of the fish if there's unimpeded access through and around the structure. Stacking the rock against the back glass practically guarantees you'll have dead spots where detritus will settle in places inconvenient/impossible to reach to remove it.

how much rock do you have?
here's what i see:
layout-125.png~original

Oh you mean how many pieces? Well, the small structure on the right is 9 or 10 pieces. So use that to take a guess on the left structure. :)

Back