What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rather OT, but wouldn't this be cool to have in a tank?!

• Thread starter DragonsEye
  • Start date
Make it happen! Start a breeding colony! ;)

(what is "OT" ?)

Last edited:
Technically I think it would be possible. There are deep-sea simulation chambers with pipes keeping the water under high pressure; it is just a matter of being able to afford that. Personally I don't find it very attractive when it is swimming, but when it is curled up like in the first picture it looks pretty adorable. I think what makes it ugly here is its overly long tentacles rather than the "ears."

Technically I think it would be possible. There are deep-sea simulation chambers with pipes keeping the water under high pressure; it is just a matter of being able to afford that. Personally I don't find it very attractive when it is swimming, but when it is curled up like in the first picture it looks pretty adorable. I think what makes it ugly here is its overly long tentacles rather than the "ears."
It's just a matter of being able to afford that after you pay someone to go catch it! Fish that they have to go down 200' plus to capture get very pricey because of the risks to both diver and fish. To bring something up safely from 2000 feet would be a massive undertaking. Unless they migrate up at night into shallower water, keep dreaming about these!

Back