What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite invertebrate?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I like the purple long-tentacled anemone, African star, basket star, feather star, and purple slug.

Good choices Jim! I am fond of the Rose anemone, and the electric blue hermits, I don't know... something about those little guys... first time I saw one, he had mowed down a patch of algae in a straight line down the tank... I thought it was amusing.

Colored carpet anemones are cool, too. forgot gooseneck barnacles. If it's weird and colorful - I go for it! Thanx for responding. I was beginning to wonder

the fish sections aren't noticed much yet... all we need to do is keep it going and eventually they will get big!
smile.gif

I will admit I have a morbid fascination with the peacock mantis shrimp... in a species only tank of course... something about one of the fastest predators in the world... and well.. they are suprisingly bright little buggers.

Shrimp, in general, are cool, too. I like the B. C. and Golden B. C. shrimp. Not to mention, clown. Aren't the mantis shrimp the ones that can bite you? Yes, hopefully, the fish hobbyists will discover this site.

Mantis are nasty, they don't bite, they either spear or bash, and are one of the fastest predators in the world. The peacocks are beautiful in an alien sort of way.

....I always wanted a mantis shrimp.....thought it would be cool to have one and feed it hapless roaches that I find in my home...but I barely have the time and money to keep up with my 2 fresh water tanks....much less a saltwater with an evil little predator in it.......

I have read most of your posts and you guys really know aquaria...have either of you ever thought about making an indoor pond/reef? That is somthing I aspire to do, make somthing like a six foot long by 3 foot deep pond for view from above....and if I really was to get fancy I could make a view wall out of acrylic.....but that is FAR in the future....
laugh.gif

I have to say my fav invert is/are Thor amboinensis and strombus gigas

I like the banded coral shrimp. I've had one in my 7 gallon nano-reef for a couple of years now. Everyone who sees the tank notices the shrimp first.

Have you ever seen the golden banded coral shrimp? I'm fond of BS shrimp as well.

i love clams and snails, and the feater dusters, not sure (sabella magnifica), so coo,l shrimps are cool to.

I like the Fire Shrimp.

LPS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OPHIUROIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CRUSTACEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(and all of the inverts in the chordata phylum{and yes their are some inverts in the chordata phylum <tunicates>})

Back