What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My lionfish

hi everyone,

thought i'd post a pic of my lionfish. I'll post more pics soon of the tank. His name is tigger.

lionfish.jpg

Christian

I do not see a picture.
I'd like to because if I do a salt water tank I've thought about getting a Lionfish.

lionfish.jpg

I tried re-copying and repasting (CTRL C & CTRL V) but it doesn't show.

hi guys,

I have it working now.

thanks
Christian

OOH... AAH! Got a big mouth!

Nice

Wow... That is the best lionfish I have ever seen! What species/subspecies is it? amazing!

thanks elgecko.
smile.gif

hi spectabilis,

thanks mate. he is Pterois russellii - Russell's lion fish. I have two of them and they are 30cm long. I also have a juvenile of Pterois volitans - Peanice guy lion fish. He's so cool and measures 6 cm long. And these ones enjoy each others company.

Christian

Incredible shot! You really caught the moment!

He is either mad or very tired...
smile_m_32.gif

Hi Nflytrap,

I have a few more pics. He's not mad, He's a REAL poser and likes to show anyone, even more whose the boss of his tank. Although, I think it may have been a fish yawn. hehe. Or maybe he was stretching.

Christian

Yeah, I've seen that too. esp. with cichlids.

I would not be to comfy moving stuff around in his tank though!

He's pretty docile for a lion fish. And usually, if a hand goes in he rushes to the opposite side and stays there. But if your up close to the glass then he's a show off.

He's so cute! I would still be hesitant to stick my hand in the tank though. Not too much, just a little bit though.

Hi
Wow he,s a big boy,lovely looking to.

Bye for now julian

WOW! what a beautiful lionfish! I ahve always wanted one, but i dont have a Saltwater tank
smile_h_32.gif

awesome picture. if i ever had a saltwater fish i would want one of those.

Very nice lion.
smile.gif
Give him a bit and you can teach him to eat out of your hand. That's how I got mine to eat flake.

-Dal

Back