What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More photos of my tanks inhabitants

Hi everyone,

Here are more pics of the tanks as promised. Hope you enjoy them as much as I love marine tanks.

Piggy the Puffer fish
marine01.jpg

Piggy all blown up
marine11.jpg

An odd pair a clarkii and a tomato clown and an anemone
marine02.jpg

Hecta the octopus
marine03.jpg

Hermy the Hermit crab
marine04.jpg

Some anthaeas (i think the spelling is wrong) in the coral tank
marine05.jpg

Brownie the Grouper
marine06.jpg

Thanks
Christian

Are these your fish? Again, amazing! Have you had any problems with piggy blowing up? You'd think the toxins would kill anything his spines touched...

Hi spectabilis,

yes these are my babies. thanks. And piggy hasn't blown up at all yet. I have a number of predator tanks and coral tanks and i don't put my hand in the predator tanks as there are snappy creatures in a majority of them. And I'd hate to get poisoned by any of them.
smile_t_32.gif
hehe. They are just nice to sit and watch, especially feeding time.
smile.gif

Christian

Nice anthias! The clown in the foreground looks like either a clarkii or sebae.

hi jim,

thanks for pointing it out. My mistake the larger one is a clarkii. Too many names to keep track of.

Christian

Awsome Octopus. Do you have any more pics of your reef tanks? And have you ever been to grimreefers.com? It's a great site for people who keep predatory tanks.

Mike

Very nice tank and fish.
I always thought an octopus would be neat.

Where do you get your coral and exotic fish? I've never seen coral or octupi for sale in any pet stores that I've been to.

Very nice fish!(and octopus) Btw. aren`t puffer fish only toxic if ingested? I`ve never heard of them being venemous.

Great looking creatures!

Err... how do you make Piggy puff? Do you pull rude faces? Play him Nemo? Show him/her pictures of nice looking puffer fish? I'm intrigued !

Cheers, Steve

Back