What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And more photos of the inhabitants

have had to take the photos of due to photo limits. sorry

Whoa! like the cowfish, LOVE the moray eels! How big is that tank?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

hi spectabilis,

all of the tanks are 6ft long x 2 and a half ft high x 2ft wide. Yep, that's alot of water, although I've found in time that the reef is self maintaining and water changes weren't as common compared to the reefs initial stages.

Christian

A zebra moray? Cool Whip!

is that a cataphyllia jardini ? how long have you had it? they are one of my fav lps's...

Aside from zebra and snowflake, what is the other eel?

hi jim,

apart from the other eels, he is a smaller version of the larger moray. I think we got him as a brown moray and no specific name was given. He is extremely vicious and dominant over the other eels but they don't fight unless its over the same piece of fish.

christian

hi flip side the pint,

I'm not so familiar with the latin names. what is a cataphyllia jardin? is the cowfish?

christian

cataphyllia jardini = elegance eel...

No flip, its a moray!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ June 24 2004,1:29)]cataphyllia jardini = elegance eel...

No flip, its a moray!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
tsk tsk tsk spec...

cataphyllia jardini is the coral behind the cowfish..... lps = large polyp stony

How long have you had it?

Man I feel like an infant, but I have never done salt water before. I am afraid with my laziness, I would not do something and snuff them.
Those pics are outstanding! You must have major $$ invested.
I do look at the fish when I go to Petco. Is it just me or did "Finding Nemo" drive the prices up on clown fish?

Joe

hehe spectabilis.

hi flip side the pint. When it was sold to me i was just told it was a stinging coral and gees it has engulfed a few fish in its days. I've had it for 3 and a half years. I never had a actinic light and sometimes I would find a fish that had succumbed to its stinging tentacles. Now with the light, everything can move around it confidently.

christian:)

hi griffin,

Over the years I have invested dollars into the tank but not all in one go as It can be a bit tedious in getting every factor right, ie. pH, salinity, lighting, sand bed, bio filter....etc... Now that the tank has established itself well I have not had to do a salt water change for almost a year now....other than that I only have to top up with freshwater. Those little bacteria buggers must be doing their job now.....hehehe. But ever since seeing a marine aquarium at the shops, I've always wanted one......now I have three....fourth on the way. hehehe.

Christian

Christian

I'm jealous, Dude! No money and no room. I had my time with it at the wholesaler. I miss my salt!

Back