What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30 gal light fixture

Hello everyone! I'm very upset cuz' I can't find any light fixture that can hold up to 2 light tubes for my 30 galon aquarium! Every hood only contains a single light bulb when its perfectly clear that I need two kinds of light for my aquarium so that I can have living coral or anemonies.
Where can I find some? -_-'

Sincerely,
Erick

30 gallon tanks are the worst for lighting, it's impossible to find anything! I bought a two-20watt bulb fluorescent light fixture from Petsmart, and then crammed a single bulb fixture over the tank with it. So there I got about 2-watts/gallon total. I've never tried it, but you could also look around for kits to modify a single-bulb fluorescent fixture to compact fluorescent, that should give you more light (which you will need for a marine tank I imagine)...or switch to a 55 gallon tank and buy those huge 4-foot fluorescent fixtures for much less.

check out the coralife hoods, the petstore I work at carries several models that would fit most 30's perfectly. Also, places like www.reefgeek.com will sell you T-5 retro kits that are perfect for lighting a saltwater aquarium. get the teklights, or Icecap.

Back