What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Puffer fish

• Thread starter Andenes
  • Start date
Hey everyone! It's been a while. ^_^
I recently purchased a dog faced puffer fish and I must say I love it! I love everything about it. Its ugly and unique lol
Anyways, the thing is that last night the puffer fish ate my feather duster worm! I was crushed but I couldnt do anything. So I was wondering if the puffer fish would eat something else? Here's a list of my invertebrates:

-pecil sea urchins
-starfish
-sea apple
-anemone
-a little clam

Thanx!

Although we always kept fish separated from invertabrates, I would say that it would sure have a tough time doing anything with any of them. The urchin is probably safe and the anemone has its own protection. Sea apples are supposed to be poisonous. A starfish and clam? Personally, I would have a separate tank for fish. I'd take more seriously those who keep fish and inverts together, with their replies.

Consult the experts here:
Puffer Forum  
smile.gif

i used to keep fish with inverts/coral. never had any experiance with puffers but they should be kept FO or FOWLR

Ok. It's been 3 days and he only ate the feather duster worm. He doesn't want to eat pellets. The seller told me to buy the frozen food which contains tiny shellfish (frozen cubes), but last time when I fed those to my fish they just started to drop like flies! 6_6 So I decided to just feed them with pellets and so far none of my fishes have died ever since. I know they sell these kinds of "worms" which are dry and come compressed in little cubes and you just insert them in the water and shake'em a little bit and it brakes into little swimming pieces that look like worms. Maybe I can feed him that?

you should try frozen krill, shrimp, etc.

hey, not to get of topic on purpose, but is PR part of the US or not? is it still a commonwealth? will they have a new vote to make it a state or not?

Its "part" of the US. I don't think it will ever be a state. Besides we're in bad conditions. They raised everythin! The electricity, the water, the cofee, the gasoline, the cars, everything! They're sucking the money out of us!

Anyway, back to the topic, Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! ^_^ I bought tiny frozen shrimps and he's eating like there's no tomorow! And wow, he got huge! (not that he inflated or anything, he just ate alot). I'm happy that he's happy. Thanx!!! You guys are alot of help.

Cheers,
erick

I'd like to see a photo of that!

what is a dogfaced puffer? i would like to buy a pufferfish too, they are cute. is your salt wateror fresh water? i went to a fish store and they were selling salt water puffers for $35 each or so, but they were large, about 5 inches wide or so. and they had that little pufferfish grin on their mouth. soooo cute. i wish i had a saltwater pufferfish. my boyfriend would be irritated if i had tanks everywhere though hahahaha...

Back