What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Droseras

Hi, my droseras dont look good, leaves look like they dont have strengh, they look like dieing i tink. Is best put them out of my house (35c daylight), or the terrarium, in my house, (27c), The leaves and flowers burnt, the leaves only in the part w dew, a sphatulata leaves are in a 90° they dont touch the floor, well i try to get a camera. Hope us can hlep me, tks.

The best thing for Droseras is to keep them well-lighted, with about and inch or so of water in an open tray environment, (uncovered).

This is what I'm talking about!

136_G.thumb.jpg

Thank you for answear. That means no terrarium??, here is very cold in winter like -10°celcious, 14°f, and in summer like 35 celcious, 95°f. Is ok have them in the window of my room w out terrarium??, they are a adelae, capensis and sphatulata, i hope get a binata someday.

As long as your room doesn't get to -10 C and 35 C they should be fine at a window sill. Mine are in a building next to the main lab and the get a range from 60's to low 90's.

Mmmm, so humiditi %, is not important for my droseras?
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
??.

Oh that smiles (faces), acktivate alone, i dont put them, well, and i forgot to say thank you. see ya, good night.

Humidity is over-rated. People understand that CP's grow in warm, humid areas and they try to re-create that in terrariums. Unfortunately, a terrarium end up being a closed environment and it leads to more humidity, without the air circulation, thus producing mold. An open tray set up, even amid air conditioners, gives the plant enough "local" humidity, without leading to mold.

oh, thants cool im going to put them in my window, what plants can i put in a terrarium?, or a terrarium is a bad idea?, tks for you help.

nepenthes do very well in terraria aswell as pinguicula, genlisea, utricularia, and some drosera if you have enough light.

i had no idea it got that cold in mexico!

ok, im goint to tell santa i want a nepenthes, wich one u tink is good for news like me?
smile.gif
, well i tink corals are lees dificulty to grow, i never say again, plantas are easy to care
smile_h_32.gif
, i tink the plants are better in the window, but the grow more slow, in the terrarium they grow faster, i got a camera fynaly im takin a picture i hope.

Back