What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capensis leaves

Hello, I'm just wondering if it is normal for capensis leaves to lack tentacles. Mine have unfolded and they don't seem to have any on the newly developed leaves. Would this be from lack of light? Dormancy?(they don't have a dormancy period right?). Or is this normal and they are just using them for photosynthesis or something?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Would this be from lack of light? Dormancy?(they don't have a dormancy period right?). Or is this normal and they are just using them for photosynthesis or something?

My guess would be lack of light, or stress perhaps. You are correct, they don't have to have a dormancy. I wouldn't call this normal. My capensis lost their dew only when transplanted last summer.

-Homer

I agree with Homer. It's probably lack of light that's causing your Cape Sundew problems. Are you using sunlight or artificial light? How much light is the plant getting?

Back