What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some south-american sundews

Hello,

Here are some recent pictures of some of my south american sundews.
ascendens_DROS150_006.jpg

Drosera ascendens - Ribeirao Pires, Road to Sao Paulo

chrysolepis_DROS202_017.jpg

Drosera chrysolepis - Serra Do Cipó

chrysolepis_DROS202_019.jpg

Drosera chrysolepis - Serra Do Cipó

roraimae_DROS151_002.jpg

Drosera roraimae - Gran Sabana

roraimae_DROS151_003.jpg

<a href="http://www.utricularia.net/bilder/drosera/roraimae_DROS151_003.jpg" target="_blank">Drosera roraimae - Gran Sabana
</a>

montana_var_tomentosa_DROS211_010.jpg

Drosera montana var tomentosa "hairy scape" - Botumirim, MG, Brazil

regards,
Christian

Nice plants. I love your D.montana 'tomentosa'--it looks just like mine but bigger. I topdressed mine with LFS but the white gravel you use certainly provides better contrast.

smile.gif
Wow those are some really beautiful sundews, i just love sundews and i hope to have a nice variety in my 50gal terrarium in the near future.. Awsome pics!!
smile_m_32.gif

Christian: I love your sundews! I really want to try growing some of those South American varieties someday. Where did you get them? Did you start them from seed? What conditions do you grow them under?

Barracuda: I'm looking forward to seeing that 50 gallon beast!

Hi,

The plants are currently grown in a terrarium. I only have them there during the winter months, as i heat my greenhouse up to about 5°C-7°C only. In the middle of march they will be placed back in the greenhouse. If i have some more plants i will try to let them in the greenhouse, but for them moment i'm too much afraid, that this could go wrong. During the winter the temperatur is about 15°C at night and about 25°C at day. The plants get artifical light for about 12hrs to 14hrs each day. The terrarium is not closed, so the humidity is about 60%, at night usually much more. The pots are standing in water all the time. I do not let them dry out. In Summer the plants are grown in full sun in my greenhouse. They get shaded on very hot days.

Drosera ascendens, roraimae and montana can be bought for examlpe at www.bestcarnivorousplants.com

Christian

Beautiful plants Christian!

I love the chrysolepis and ascendens. But then again, never met a sundew I didn't like.
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing those beauties.

Beautiful plants!

Back