What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D, anglica? nidiformsi?

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I brought home my pigmy dews and have them at my kitchen window and now that we finally have a sunny day and I have a magnifying glass with me, I am looking to see if there are any gemmae.

Now last year, I had them all my plants outside and many flowered, thus spreading seeds all over the place. One fo my pigmy dews has some stray Droseras and well... they look like D. anglica, which looks just like D. nidiformis, which also looks looks like the picture of D. beleziana, on page 137 of S.G. not sure if a picture, if I had one, would help. What is the difference between these plants? does anyone know?

For photos, try BobZ's site.  The link to it is posted in the articles section of the forums.  
smile.gif
 There you can find any CP pic you want for comparisons.

If your plants have/had flowers, that's a great identifying tool. You can always post a pic in the ID Forum too.

I'm sure William could help you out but he is currently computer-less.
smile_h_32.gif

Thanx. It appears that the anglica has a slightly thinner, longer paddle than that of the nidiformis. I just have to compare what I have at the lab with what is growing at home.

Back