What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sundew

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Never heard of the '10 year sauce' but have you heard of the 'century egg'?

I know what century egg is too! I've even heard some people call it thousand year egg. It doesn't make much sense though. I would imagine that an egg being a hundred or thousand years old would be rotten by now.

It just looks old. It is a kind of preserved duck's egg that after treatment, the egg white is black and clear and the yolk is sort of greyish in color. The taste takes some getting used to. When I was young, I hated it. Now I can take it occasionally. It is definitely not one hundred years old but it certainly looks rotten!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Nov. 13 2005,8:30)]Yes I have! I think it was WickedThistle who talked about that one. Have you ever heard of a company that sells tropical fish, called "Dolphin International"? I am SO incedibly awkward with chopsticks!
Well, it helps to have practice. Here in Singapore, we use them three meals a day, if we are having Chinese! Holding it correctly is essential and one must not apply too much strength and not to be so light until them chopsticks drop off from your finger. It is a little bit like Tai Chi. You will have to develop the feel for holding them. I have to do corrective training for one year when I found that I was holding them incorrectly and I have to practice everyday. To find out if you have masterd chopsticks techniques, try picking up cubes of tofu without breaking them. It is definitely possible.

Yes, I have heard of Dolphin International. They are one of the many some kind of tropical fish exporter. There are many of them here and we get pretty strange stuff from all over Southeast Asia and South Asia. You into fish too?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It just looks old. It is a kind of preserved duck's egg that after treatment, the egg white is black and clear and the yolk is sort of greyish in color. The taste takes some getting used to. When I was young, I hated it. Now I can take it occasionally. It is definitely not one hundred years old but it certainly looks rotten!

I don't like the egg. I don't find that it tastes that good. There's also a really salty duck egg too that I don't like either. I forgot the English name for it though.

haha. this topic is so off tracked.

i know how to hold the chopstick but not the correct way though..
confused.gif
just as long as i an pick up the food.. hmmm..

i dont like century egg.. quail egg is still not bad..

Sorry amoureux, but welcome on board the wacky world of CPers!
smile_n_32.gif

haha nah it's alright, no need sorry
smile_m_32.gif
i'm fine with it!

by the way, you are singaporean too?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (guqin @ Nov. 13 2005,6:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Nov. 13 2005,8:30)]Yes I have! I think it was WickedThistle who talked about that one. Have you ever heard of a company that sells tropical fish, called "Dolphin International"? I am SO incedibly awkward with chopsticks!
Well, it helps to have practice.  Here in Singapore, we use them three meals a day, if we are having Chinese!  Holding it correctly is essential and one must not apply too much strength and not to be so light until them chopsticks drop off from your finger.  It is a little bit like Tai Chi.  You will have to develop the feel for holding them.  I have to do corrective training for one year when I found that I was holding them incorrectly and I have to practice everyday.  To find out if you have masterd chopsticks techniques, try picking up cubes of tofu without breaking them.  It is definitely possible.

Yes, I have heard of Dolphin International.  They are one of the many some kind of tropical fish exporter.  There are many of them here and we get pretty strange stuff from all over Southeast Asia and South Asia.  You into fish too?
I think I might starve to death before I get the hang of it!
smile_m_32.gif
Besides, I'm a little weird when it comes to eating. For instance, when eating cold cereal, I use a mixing bowl. And instead of a normal spoon, I use a serving spoon. I believe in a big and easy breakfast!

Tofu? Not my first choice in culinary delicasies!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Tropical fish was my first hobby. I used to have 8 tanks in our basement and years later, I worked for a wholesaler. WE used to buy a lot from Dolphin.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (amoureux @ Nov. 14 2005,7:30)]haha. this topic is so off tracked.
LOL! Almost everytime me and/or Bugweed get involved in a dialogue on a topic, it turns into a fun, playful, dry humour tangent! *must have some fun*

Yes amoureux, I am from Singapore too. How's the project coming along?

Back