What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contributions from

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
AF002701.jpg

AF003201.jpg

AF001801.jpg

AF002301.jpg

AF001301.jpg

AF000801.jpg

AF000201.jpg

Mhmmm that first picture is... mesmerizing!

That Byblis looks pretty swampy. I'm totally ignorant of that species, do they enjoy extremely wet conditions?

and that D. burmanni or w/e it is in that last pic looks lonely. Why don't u go sing it a g'night song or something? :p

Looking good Scott.
I see the N. ventrata has pitchered for you.

Very nice plants, Jim.

I really like your byblis. I got some of my seed to germinate and one of the plants has become as big as yours and flowered.....can't wait for the seedpods. How do you grow your's? Just like to compare growing conditions.

This particular batch of B. liniflora were grown in shallow, plastic trays, in swamp-like conditions (peat, sand, live LFS). Shallow isn't a good idea, though, not with olants that have developed root sytems. Nonetheless, it worked for me.

The bottom pic is that of D. sessilifolia, very similar in apearance to that of D. burmannii - but only one germinated.

It was that particular hanging basket that cracked, that crashed into the two swamp trays, causing the disaster.

Great photos.

If that sessilifolia reproduces anywhere near as fast as burmannii...it will not be lonely for long.

Back