What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera multifida 'giant' fruit fly control

Well, I have converted my wife for sure into a CP lover; Had a bad fruit fly infestation in our kitchen so I put my D. multifida giant on the count right in some sunlight. Within 15 minutes there were 30 fruit flies vainly struggling for their lives. My wife wants more now
smile_m_32.gif

Gotta love 'em. I had the same prob a couple of months ago, and I used my P. titan to clean them up
smile.gif
. Also reminds me of how amazed my family was when I got my alata some years back. I had just gotten back from a long trip to San Francisco and CA Carnivores with my new N. alata. I put it on my windowsill, and the next day it was covered in ants! The following day, they were all gone. Guess where.... all in the pitchers!
biggrin.gif
Entire colony wiped out by one plant.

LOL, that is a good heart-rending / happy ending story!

D. capensis & D. adelae are also great fruitfly catchers!

same thing happened to us this summer- I put out my D. binata complex collection in the middle of the swarm and the plants turned black with bugs, then grew like mad for a few weeks

Back