What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plantlets from a capensis leaf cutting

I took a leaf cutting of my capensis and now see about six little plantlets growing but they are spread around the soil and not along the buried leaf base. They are about an inch or two away from the leaf cutting.

I thought they would grow where the leaf itself was buried in the soil but they aren't. I assume this is normal because the soil did not have any seeds that might have sprouted as best I know.

Drosera will pop up from everywhere on and around that cutting. I'd say I'd be more worried if they didn't do something surprising.
smile_n_32.gif

Capensis%20Leaf%20Cutting.JPG

This shows what I was talking about. The leaf itself
runs from top of photo to bottom. The plantlets are
not above where the plant is buried.

Thats a "Big Mouth" leaf in the centre right. Has a funny nodule on it and leafs growing from below the leaf you see.

Wow, that is a long way away. Mine always come right out of the cutting. Could it be stray seed? Odd.

Capslock

Strange indeed. Perhaps there were some root segments in the soil? You'll have to do a little digging and tell us where they came from when they get a little bigger.
~Joe

I think it is all unrelated coincidence correlation, not causality.

I can see your next post already curlingguy....

Help Me!!!
they're everywhere!!!

smile_n_32.gif

i stand by my previous statement

DROSERA CAPENSIS ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!

Except in Florida, after 11 straight times of trying, I still haven't been able to germinate a single seed.

Stan, ya sound like Cindy, or any Singaporean! But then again... Florida.....Singapore.... sauna.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zac @ Nov. 22 2005,7:56)]I can see your next post already curlingguy....

Help Me!!!
they're everywhere!!!

smile_n_32.gif
It already looks like thats happening.. LOL!!!

Thats awsome curlingguy that all those tiny babies are growing like that even if they are away from the leaf cutting.. Fantastic pic!!!!
smile_m_32.gif

Back