What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A D. regia lighting question

I'm trying to figure out the minimum lighting requirements for D. regia. In other words, what's the least light I can shine on my D. regia to keep it healthy and producing big leaves and lots of dew? Right now I have it under roughly 61 watts of light in my grow chamber and so far it seems to be doing well. However, the tentacles aren't especially red, which concerns me. I guess things could still change seeing as I've only had the plant a couple weeks now.

To anyone who grows this plant under lights: What's your wattage and does your plant seem to enjoy it?

Hey Geck,

I have mine directly under a 65 watt compact flour, with additional light from other compacts about a foot to either side. It's growing like gangbusters, but unfortunately it's MORE light than you're using, not less.

Thanks for the info Schloaty. I think I'll keep it where it is for the time being and see how it does.

If I may ask: Where did you get your 65 watt bulb?

If I may ask another question: Can you post a picture of your D. regia?
biggrin.gif

Mine's under four 4-foot regular fluorescent tubes. The longest leaves (about a foot) are just under the lights. It's happy in this arrangement, and it's not exactly blindingly bright.

Capslock

mine is simmilar to Capslock. actually its surprising what plants i have that are happy 12-16 inches below four 4-foot, 32 watt T8 fluorecents. i have VFTs at 16 inches away that are compact and colorful which really surprised me. my Drosera and pings love it. im thinking these T8s are darn good lights for the minimal investment

Back