What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. rotundifolia lighting?

I live in a place where D. rotundifolia prolly live wild, so I want to try and grow a few outside. How much light would they need? Should I put them with my S. purpurea where it gets sun from 10:30 am- 4:30 pm? Or on my balcony where it gets only morning sun? (i.e., 3 or so hours?) I don't wanna burn it either...

Many thanks,
-Ben

The majority of drosera are sun loving plants. Some, like d. schizandra, hate the sun, but live well in bright shade only. Put d. rotundifolia in full sun with your s. purpurea. It will love you for it. They can take some of the most adverse weather conditions nature can throw at it in winter, and can take incredible cold.

Hey there buddy. I grew D. rotundifolia in one of my greenhouse terrariums for several months and it did very well. As you probably know from my website, it was growing under a ton of light (over 100 watts), so that gives you an indication of how much these plants enjoy extra light!

It will do just fine with your pitcher plant.

Ok, thanks. I'll prolly order one from Cook's in late March, as a dormant bud.

Back