What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well... she's dead.

Finch

Whats it to ya?
Well my capensis is as good as dead. Its been declining in vigor and leaf size for months and its all brown now. However, my alicia (i forget how to spell it i lost my book) is now formin some nice mounds of foliage, growing real fast! I dunno what i did wrong, but atkeast im doing something right with another plant!

Drosera aliciae, Finch. Wow! You killed the unkillable capensis! I bow to the one man I have ever met who could kill one. LOL!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE YOUR CONDITIONS PLEASE!!!!! I've tried everything to kill these fellas. Burning them, Pouring bleach on them, Filling there pots with alcohol to get them drunk so I can put them in my car and have them drive into a pole
smile_m_32.gif

LOL at least somethings working for you with that aliciae
smile_n_32.gif

An astounded grower
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Lmao!
Congratulations!
Personally I have no experience with Drosera Capensis "Immortalis" (lol), but I've heard that it is indeed "Immortalis".
I've just sown seeds few days back... hey at least now I know for sure they wont die on me... well maybe
smile.gif

Zac: you ever tried soap solution? Works like magic with other plants.
Oh and I've just planted aliciae
smile.gif

lol..i have killed a capensis before..idk y but it died. lol..

nive job with the aliciae tho..

thanks

Brad

Hey Finch sorry about your Capensis, but awsome to here that your Aliciae is doing great..

You guys are Capensis that much of a weed?? LOL!! Dont matter ta me i love um and they can weed all they want here..
smile_n_32.gif
smile.gif
I did notice my tiny tiny pin dot Capensis red that just germinated here recently are growing like crazy, i cant wait till they get bigger..
smilie4.gif

Man, your capensis didn't die. If you just let it sit there is a tray of water, I bet you money it's gonna come back from its roots. Always does.

what was its name by the way? if you gonna bury it you need a tombstone right?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Man, your capensis didn't die. If you just let it sit there is a tray of water, I bet you money it's gonna come back from its roots. Always does.

He speaks the truth. So maybe burying it isn't the best idea...it'll just start growing again!

Unless it died from mold or disease, i guarantee it'll come back.

A "prediction", LOL??????? Not always, amigo. I would drop the guarantee, if I were you!

Yeah believe it or not these plants aren't immortal. I killed my one and only D. Capensis before it had a chance to flower. Yes I feel so ashamed. Meanwhile my nepenthes and cobra lily are growing like weeds. IT seems everyplant that someone mentions is unkillable I wind up killing in days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ALLOSAURZ @ Dec. 03 2005,3:03)]I killed my one and only D. Camale reproductive organs before it had a chance to flower.
Ooh, typo! I think someone left an "s" out!
smile_n_32.gif

My way to rid me of unwanted D. capensis? Eat the foliage and brew the roots!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_t_32.gif

Cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shokuchuu @ Dec. 03 2005,10:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ALLOSAURZ @ Dec. 03 2005,3:03)]I killed my one and only D. Camale reproductive organs before it had a chance to flower.
Ooh, typo! I think someone left an "s" out!
smile_n_32.gif

My way to rid me of unwanted D. capensis? Eat the foliage and brew the roots!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_t_32.gif

Cheers
Hehe thanks. That was a bit odd. I blame it on the fact that my keyboard is sticky and sometimes when you press a letter it doesn't show.

put it into a zink coffin...

Honestly, realy i don't see whats so easy about capensis, i can grow a ceph with ease and keep an adrovanda THRIVING but capensis gives me trouble.... Of coarse but i never killed one, now thats crazy!

Just don't throw it a way. Check the roots to see if they are still alive. Then just either make root cuttings or repot the capensis. Wait a month at the very most and you should have some plantlets pop up. If I'm wrong I'll send you another capensis
mad.gif

Now that is much better advice, LOL!

I think capensis can be like like most weeds. Ignore it and it will flourish. Love it and care for it and it will curl up and die on you. The good thing is, they are easily replaced if they don't come back from the roots.

Back