What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. Intermedia surprise...

Dimka

Sundewist
Ok, so my intermedias flowered like 2-1 months ago, I collected the seeds, took them out of the pots, wrapped the roots in moist toweling, put them in ziplock bags and stuck them in the fridge...
About a month passes in cold dark vegetable section... I decided to check on them, to see if they needed some moisture... and what do I find? New leafs and FLOWERS!!!!!! Personally I have no idea what so ever as to how this has happened... but there it is lol
Any suggestions?

They flowered
confused.gif
, did the flowers make seed and did those seeds grow again in the fridge :p. Do you have any pictures of this. I guess you can put them on a windowsill.

Ummm no actually I was pissed off at them for not hybernating, I cut them off
confused.gif
... how stupid
smile_h_32.gif

And now you know that D. intermedia, along with D. capensis, D. adelae, D. spatulata, and U. subulata are the weeds of the CP world!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
laugh.gif

And that's why we love 'em!
smile_n_32.gif

Indeed
smile.gif

Umm...D.intermedia needs dormancy?
confused.gif

There are different varieties D. intermedia and this that are in the southern climes don't need the dormancy, while the temperate ones do. I'm just not sure which is which! I've got the Cuba, St. Rosa, North Carolina Brunswick County and Sp. Cuba 1. The Brunswick County formed a hibernaculum just by sitting at the window sill.

Back