What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capensis leaves curling?

Well, the new leaves of my D. capensis 'Narrow' happen to be curling backwards after they uncurl completely. They aren't straight at all, they're curled into a loop. It is healthy and has a bunch of dew and is growing fast, and has some nice pink/red coloration. What could be the problem, if there is any?

-Ben

I don't think it's a problem - mine do that sometimes too.
~Joe

Gee, that was a quick reply. Alright, I'll just assume that my plant is "curling with delight".
smile_n_32.gif

Oh, and this happens to be a bit off the subject, but this question was bugging me:

Is it D. spatulata or D. spathulata?

Its D. spatulata I believe.

I thought it didn't matter if it's spelled spatulata or spathulata kinda like color or colour and besides spathulata looks fancier :p

I've been told by more experienced growers that it's Drosera spatulata. There's a Nepenthes by the name of spathulata and apparently that's where the confusion comes from...
~Joe

Back