What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. intermedia again...

Dimka

Sundewist
Ok guys, now that you heard my bizzare story of intermedia flowering in a fridge, it just brought me another one.
This monday, I planted about... ummm 100-150 of its seeds so that I'd have a forrest. Everywhere I looked it says they need cold stratification for 6 weeks to germinate. Well I decided to not follow the rules, and just stuck them into the handy pill case (great stuff for seed growing) and put it into my terrarium where temps are around 30C, untill today, I finally managed to get them to 25
smile.gif
Well anyway, 5 minutes ago, I decided to go check on them, not really expecting to see anything but seeds... well you can guess what I saw, because I'm writing this... around 10-20 seeds got the "green stuff" comin' out of em.
So I was just wondering if this is normal, or is it like the rest of my life?
Thanks.

P.S.
A week prior to intermedia sowing, I sown capensis, and found a tiny little green plant in the area where i did today
smile.gif

I see the same thing with rotundifolia, the seeds germinate the same seson they were relised. Allmost all germinate the following year but there are those litle crazy ones.

So should I keep them in warmth or is it better to stick them in a fridge for a few weeks?

On a second though... I keep my seeds in a fridge anyway... they were there for over a month prior to sowing... hmmm

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dimka @ Dec. 10 2005,2:28)]So should I keep them in warmth or is it better to stick them in a fridge for a few weeks?
I would keep them in warmth and give them good light. Hope this helps.
dewy

Back