What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Curious

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
smile.gif
Ok im just wondering i dont have this prob yet but was wondering how do you stop the seedlings pot from being to soggy if your using the water tray method. My pots all have holes in the bottom and i use the tray method for watering with about a inch of water that the pots set in, i noticed the germinated seedlings potting mix is wet but not soggy or flooded, should i let the water in the tray dry befour replacing it?? Or should i just make sure the seedlings get lots air flow insted of being in the growing tank place them outside of it?
Everyones input is greatly apreciated..
smile_m_32.gif
smilie4.gif

Thanks!!!
smile.gif

Basically,all you have to do is fill the water tray back up when it is about empty. Airflow is very important. If you have the seedlings in an area with no air circulation,then don't use nearly as much water.Hope this helps.

In nature, the plants are open and soggy, so what you're doing is fine. Dewy's advice for our artificial environements is dead on. As long as you're not experiencing damp-off, they're fine.

Thanks dewy and Jim, im not experiencing any damp off was just curious about it due to im a mother hen and extremly protective over my new little ones..
smile_m_32.gif

Back