What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera rotundifolia

Ok, a bit blurry. This is using a 10x macro lens with a +4 closeup lens. The focal point is tiny, and these seedlings even tinier. The bottom of the lens is actually resting on the peat, while I'm taking the pictures.

I plan to keep updating this thread as they grow.

Edit. Got a better one, and with a dime for size comparison.

Keep up the good work. Last year at this time I started D. anglica, rotundifolia and intermedia from seed. I used tiny bits of freeze dried blood worm once the plants had large enough leaves. It helped.

Brian

smile.gif
Awsome pics of the tiny babies and "CONGRATS" on the germination.. Those are my fav dews..
Looky how cute they are...  
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks for sharring Gawd_oOo.
smilie4.gif

I am starting to think I shouldn't have put down all of the seed I received. I am going to have way way to many. I plan to try establishing a wild population in my yard, I have an area that is LFS growing on a peat base, it even rises and lowers based on the water level of the lake I am on. They are native to my area, closest documented population is within 5 miles. The seed is from 1 state away. I don't think that should be an issue. But until it is warm enough to move them out there they had better not get much bigger...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ Jan. 09 2006,5:51)] I plan to try establishing a wild population in my yard
Who wouldn't?
smile_n_32.gif

In spring I wanna try growing a couple of these guys in my yard, since I too live in their natural range.

-Ben

Back