What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Pictures

• Thread starter eBeyonder
  • Start date
b20252097.jpg

z20252159.jpg

Oops, I ran out of storage space... I'll upload more later using a different online hosting service.
smile.gif

A D. filiformis garden? Cool!

Wow eBeyonder, thats ALOT of dew, could you imagin getting tanggled up in all that dew.. LOL!! Beautiful plants. Awsome pics..
smile.gif

Right, yer bound to find the neighbors cat, or kid stuck in there.

Wonderful D. filiformis subsp. tracyi!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ Jan. 14 2006,3:28)]Right, yer bound to find the neighbors cat, or kid stuck in there.
It's like an Ozzy thing, only not with capensis!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I think it's a D. filiformis subsp. tracyi but curiously, grown in the tropical climate here (constant 30 degree c all year-round), they have never been given dormancy nor shown any problems due to the lack of this dormancy. They just keep growing and growing and I have stopped taking cuttings.
smile.gif

Oh, they never flower as well. Never once in the 2-plus years that I've had them. Is dormancy a prerequisite to flowering?

Wow, thats hot! I mean the plants, not the climate.
Growing filiformis didnt work out for me... sown seeds months ago still not a single one of them yelded anything.
I'm gonna have something like that with D. intermedia ( because I've sown over 6000 seeds over past few weeks
smile.gif
)
Very cool man.
Keep us posted on the amount of field mice stuck in them, and the number of cats who tried to get those mice, and the number of neighboring kids who tried to get the cats
smile.gif

I think most of the dormancy preferring species sorta need it to flower, I know that's the case with most of the things I am growing, so that could be your answer

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ Jan. 14 2006,3:28)]Right, yer bound to find the neighbors cat, or kid stuck in there.
I'm afraid it has already happened.....

medead.jpg

Yeah, I know, kinda cheesy.

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Jan. 15 2006,8:04)]
[b said:
I'm afraid it has already happened.....

medead.jpg

Yeah, I know, kinda cheesy.

-Ben
smile_n_32.gif
smile.gif
smilie4.gif
LMAO!!!

Back