What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. Capensis form

glider14

Always a newbie
al righty then my Capensis is turning into a weed its only about an inch across and i was wondeing if it is to early to tell what form it is. there is no coloration in the tentacles so could that mean var. Alba??whats even wierder is that when it came the newest leaf had red the oldest leaf didnt and the new leaves dont. odd i know......

heres another question are the tentecals the leaves itself or are they the little dew producers??

The entire tentacle should color up red. If it had color when you recieved it, but lost it since then you might not be providing enough light. How do you have it growing? Under lights?

The tentacles are just the hair like structures.

Here is a couple pics of mine.
D. capensis 'Alba'

D. capensis typical

well its conditions are pretty good actually. its sitting under a 50 watt bulb less than a foot away. it gets the most light in my terrarium...

The only actual way to tell if they're a certain variety is to give them as much light as possible. I would say at least 80 watts just to color them up nicely. Though, that's just my opinion.

-Ben

what type of 50 watt bulb? if it is a normal light bulb that is no good, you need either fluorescent or compact fluorescent.

its one of the exoterra bulbs and i think its floresecent

B0002AR3OO.01-A9P1KZBSDQIPK._PE36_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Is that it? Those are not fluorescent. They are a type of incandescent.

-Ben

Back