What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D scorpioides

Here's some of Bob's gemmae (from his last offering) that were planted on 12/14/05.

I initially had some issues w/ black rot on all the growth points, moving the plants to a drier terrarium fixed 'em right up - didn't lose one.

Photos taken 1/28/06

(nice hair dude!)

Thanks Bob!

- Mike

[b said:
Quote[/b] ](nice hair dude!)
the drosera billy idol impression
smile_n_32.gif

looks really good thanks for sharing!

Great growing. Do you keep them really wet? I mean it seems that there is a thin layer of water on the surface of the soil. BTW, what mix are you using to grow them? Cheers.

Looking good Mobious! I have some gemmae from Bob that are doing well too.

D. scorpiodes is such a cool looking sundew. I love the extra long tentacles it has
cool.gif

I got gemmae from Bob as well. All are growing and doing fine. Appreciate it Bob, Thanks again.

They are growing in a mix of chopped LFS, sand and perlite (mostly perlite and sand), planted in a 2 inch pot. I keep the pot in a tray that is about 1/2 inch deep - this gets refilled with rain water once every week or so when it has evaporated.

The wet appearance is due to some kind of slime mold or algae... (yummy). The slime doesn't seem to have any effect so far. Hopefully it will go away soon?

- Mike

(a little closer, thats right - com'on back...)

Dang, that's such a great shot! What kind of camera are you using?

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the compliments!

LLeopardGGecko,
I am using an older Nikon CP995 - it has the best depth of field for macro that I have so far seen (with a stock lens).

I forgot to mention that the plants are growing in a terrarium at about 5 inches from 27watt spiral fluorescent bulbs (5k) in cheap-o metal reflectors ala:
B0002O19FO.01-A24U7YTI6UD0QV._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

baycoPZ-300.jpg

Temps range from 55F to 80F
Humidity stays around 70%

- Mike

Back