What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. spatulata flowering

i have had these drosera for about a month now, and one is already flowering. can i get seeds from the flower?
IMG_1084.jpg

you'll get seed, tons and tons of seed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ Feb. 04 2006,2:56)]you'll get seed, tons and tons of seed.
Amen! D. spatulata flowers CONSTANTLY and you'll get too much seed after a while
smile_l_32.gif

Yeah, mine sent up a flower stalk about 1.5-2 weeks ago, then it sent up another one, and I came home today to find it blooming
smile.gif

Pretty pink flowers.
I dont know why its blooming though... it looks terrible, no color or anything.

should i feed the spatulatas while they are flowering? will this hellp the flowering process?

I fed mine... they didnt seem to mind...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peanuts1gang @ Feb. 05 2006,6:05)]should i feed the spatulatas while they are flowering? will this hellp the flowering process?
Let's just say this...you should be more worried about what you can do to STOP the flowering process. Feeding them will only encourage non-stop reproduction. If that's what you want, then by all means, feed them
smile.gif

With or without food, D. spatulata is a flowering machine.

Ahhh I see the invasion has begun
smile.gif

Don't worry if you're not real quick to collect seed you'll have plants popping up every where. There is a good thread above pinned by our own Tamlin about collecting seed. I would read his heed on seed otherwise spat will become a weed.

Back