What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. aliciae

I've recently noticed that the new growth coming up from my D. aliciae are black.  To be more descriptive the underside of the new leaves that are unfolding are black to dark brown.  I'm not sure what it is.  Any ideas and/or suggestions?  

Thanks,
Chris

My newest D. aliciae was doing that for a while. I let the water tray underneath it totally dry out between waterings and that seemed to do the trick. Seems to be a problem related to too much moisture in the soil.

Ya know, mine was doing that during this winter as well. But now it seems to have corrected itself and is producing green leaves. I don't know why.

Mine seem to be like that most of the time, they kinda look like they've been roasted or something- only on the leaves as they start to punch up out of the crown, as soon as they start to unfurl the green up again, os it's not just you- hopefully someone who knows WHY this is so will jump in shortly

In my experience it is a combination of wet soil and high humidity. At first I grew rosetted sundew in a terrarium and had that problem. I then moved them to an open shelf under grow lights and it cleared up immediately.

Brian

Back