What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. filiformis pic waking up

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I'm trying to determine whether my D, filiformis is dead or just waking up or if they're really some other sundew waking up. I don't have a camera to use. Does anybody happen to have a picture?

kinda look like a green starfish from what I saw last year, but no pic, sorry

Here is a pic of mine after it put up a few new leaves. Best I can do.
The leaves without dew are left over stubs from the previous years growth.

Dave, I think what I have popping up is what you have pictured, but less developed. They all look like the 3 or 4 leaves that haven't begun to unfurl. Thanks.

Carl, a green starfish whose feet are pinted upward with the tip curled under is about right.

Jim, you just explained what my sleepy D. filiformis looks like right now. It has a ton of underdeveloped leaves with just a few that are finally dewy and more normal looking.

Okay, that is what you have, I was totally puzzled when I was uncovering my bog last spring as I was expecting a fuzzy black "clump" from all the descriptions I'd read, but when I found some green starfish-shaped things I put them back in the medium and about 2 weeks later they started to look as you described, later proving to in fact be the D.filiformis I had hoped were still alive...
(they almost look like one of them tentacle-y pings like P.gypsicola, just a bit)

Back